http://www.one.org
I'm all fried up over you.

Friday, June 15, 2012
I'll make a wish for you.

I am deeply saddened with what happened to one of my closest friends. I just read Gens' latest blogpost about his relationship with his scientific calculator, which I am (as well as he is) sure that there's more to it than bidding farewell to a device he has long used. I'll leave you with it to figure out.

Gens has been one of the most enthusiastic and determined people I know, especially when he's working. He's driven with the encouragement from people around him and the passion he has for what he does. With these things combined, he can't not succeed.

And in my second day in school, I realized this loss. Having no Gens around during break times, lunch, or idle times, I felt alone (and not to mention old). He was just one text away when your class finished early, or when he just wants to catch up. We were also (most of the time) on the same wavelength when we talk. We socially climb incessantly, voice out our opinions about others relentlessly, and take each other's advices on anything. He was the easiest friend to talk to and/or open up. It just feels so strange that we couldn't just care about classes, time or reality anymore. Reality's a bitch, I know. It bites real hard, especially now.

I know that fate made us go into different paths, but I wish him all the best. I know it's of no use since he'll surely excel in anything he sets his heart upon. It's not like he'll be away forever, but I feel a gaping hole in my heart, like I'm giving my own son up for adoption. And you can't fathom how mothers feel at the absence of their children. (having said this, I felt it's unfair if his twin, Neil, doesn't get his own blogpost for himself, but I'm too lazy to do it. Plus he's in a better place than any of us now)

I hope Gens would always keep in touch. He may have lost some chances, but he's never lost a friend and a mother. I will always await his return.

All the best, anak! I wish you every happiness.



Melai walked on the sunny side.
12:54:00 AM